WP Realtime Sitemap
An HTML sitemap plugin to make it easier for your site to show all your pages, posts, archives, categories and tags in an easy to read format without any need for template modification or html/php knowledge in a page. Please take note that the WP Realtime Sitemap plugin does Not create a .xml sitemap for any search engines. (There’s also a different WordPress plugin that generates .xml sitemap, and then submit it to Google webmaster tools for verification.)
- Order the output anyway you want in the plugin settings page.
- Order the output of the WP Nav Menu, Pages, Posts, Custom Post Types, Archives, Categories and Tags.
- Show/hide WP Nav Menu, Pages, Posts, Custom Post Types, Archives, Categories and Tags.
- Optionally show categories and/or tags as a bullet list, or as a tag cloud.
- Exclude Pages, Posts, Custom Post Types, Categories and Tags IDs.
- Limit the amount of posts, custom post types, archives, categories and tags displayed.
- Change the archive type from the WordPress default.
- Show/hide Categories and Tags which have no posts associated to them.
- Show/hide how many posts are in each Archive, Category or Tag.
- Optionally name the sections different from the default of Pages, Posts, Archives, Categories and Tags.
- Hierarchical list of pages and categories.
- Supports I18n for translation.
- Supports use of the wordpress shortcode for including the sitemap in pages and posts.
- Supports menus created with the inbuilt WordPress Menu Editor.
- Works on WordPress Multisite (WPMU) blogs.
- Comes with an uninstaller, if you dont want it anymore just deactivate the plugin and delete it from within wordpress and it will delete all of its settings itself.
I cant think of anything else that I personally would need this plugin to do for my own use, if anyone feels it doesn’t meet what they need, or has any suggestions as to how to make it better then do please get in touch with me and I will see what I can do to accomodate your requests.
WP Realtime Sitemap is available in:
- English by Daniel Tweedy.
- Brazilian Portuguese by Gervasio Antonio. needs updating
- Czech by Libor Cerny. needs updating
- Dutch by Martien van de Griendt.
- German by Andreas Breitschopp.
- Romanian translation by Luke Tyler.
- Russian by ssvictors and Igor Dubilej.
- Spanish by Francois-Xavier Gonzalez. needs updating
Instructions for installing via download from wordpress.org
- Download and extract the Plugin zip file.
- Upload the files to
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Instruction for installing from within your own blog
- Login to the admin interface.
- Click Plugins in the left hand menu navigation.
- Click on “Add New” next to the Plugins header in the main content area.
- Enter WP Realtime Sitemap in the textbox and click the “Search Plugins” button.
- In the list of relevant plugins click the “Install” link for “WP Realtime Sitemap” on the right hand side of the page.
- Click the “Install Now” button on the popup page.
- Click “Activate Plugin” to finish installation.
Display the sitemap on a page or post
- Click Pages in the left hand menu navigation.
- Click on “Add New” in the left hand menu navigation or click on “Add New” next to the Pages header in the main content area.
- Give your page a title I suggest Sitemap, and put ["wp-realtime-sitemap"] (without quotes) into the wysiwyg box.
- Now save or update the page and click on the View page link at the top to see your new sitemap.
Note: If you already have a page for your sitemap then put the shortcode ["wp-realtime-sitemap"] (without quotes) in this pages wysiwyg box instead of creating a new page.
SEO Specialist Philippines
Read My Latest Blog Posts
- Keyword Rank Checker Tool by SEOCentro
- Invalid Token (hack attempt) or Timeout on Pligg
- TPG Get Posts: Display the Latest Blog Post on Static WordPress Page
- ManageWP Contest: Win $1000 for an Idea
- How to stop Spam Comments in WordPress blog
- How to get reviews on Google Places
- All in One SEO Pack WordPress Plugin
- Next Google PageRank Update 2012